Sr. Hardware Test Engineer
As a hardware test engineer you will be responsible for testing hardware circuits, interfaces and functionality. You will manage the hardware test plan and test scripts that are required to test hardware through the prototype and production phase. You will lead the hardware testing engineering team to ensure that the system is stable for release to software team.
- Create test plan for building scripted tests for component level, sub-assembly level and system level testing.
- Create procedures for targeted testing and execute them for testing complex server, storage, and network hardware
- Drive development of tests to cover hardware circuits, interfaces, performance and functionality of system components in accordance with the product specifications before delivering platforms to software.
- Develop and launch scripts to control and monitor hardware and collect performance data for analysis.
- Work with system engineers to define and design test setups and test jigs for testing hardware components
- Together with a team of test engineers execute test plans and ensure that they are completed in a timely manner
- Create reports and present it to the management
- Constantly improve the test process to improve coverage
- BS degree in EECS or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in electronic testing in a lab environment
- Experience in failure analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience in shell or Python scripting for hardware validation/test automation.
- Expertise in SSD component qualification.
- Experience working with hardware interfaces like SPI, I2C, UART and JTAG and industry standards like IPMI.
- Experience working in a Linux environment on servers and storage platforms
- Experience working with remote server management software like DRAC is a plus
- Good understanding of EE fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and work closely with cross-functional teams
- Must be authorized to work in the US