DevOps Engineer – Hybrid Infrastructure
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to help us automate tests and deployments to our various delivery environments comprised of cloud, virtual and physical machines. If you are a DevOps engineer passionate about automation and enjoy technical challenges, you should apply. You will be part of an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic team of hardware and software engineers developing innovative technologies.
- Implement, maintain and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Help with hardware bring up and related automation
- Design, implement, test and automate network configuration for Agylstor products
- Automate software update on physical devices, offline and online
- Apply best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps and infrastructure automation
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions
- Create technical documentation
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Five years or more in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Excellent knowledge of networking: VLAN, routing, L2 and L3 level switches, TCP, UPD, firewalls, VPN, Priority Flow Control, Lossless L2 etc.
- Strong scripting skills and object-oriented programming concepts with bash and Python
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools: Cobbler, PXE, Kickstart and Ansible
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware problems: CPU, Power Supply, motherboard, RAM etc.
- Knowledge of source code repositories: Git or BitBucket
- Experience with virtualization technologies: VMWare, Virtual Box, Vagrant etc.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with AWS: EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, RDS, VPC, subnets, etc.
- Meticulous and pay attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices: Agile software development, design patterns, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation etc.
- Well-organized, self-starter with a great team spirit
- Ability to think analytically and to overview complex systems
- Great sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be US citizen or green card holder
Nice to have:
- Understanding REST API
- Knowledge of hardware debugging tools: JTAG, gdb etc.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, build and release using Jenkins or similar tools